Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Big 5-0

This past Saturday I officially finished my first 50 miles.  I can't believe I accomplished that I am just amazed at my progress from starting to now and my journey has been tiring, sweaty, sore, and emotional.  As I started the run I decided to not go to my usual run around the neighborhood but rather to the first place where I recorded a run.  You see when I started I was only going to go out in an area where nobody could see me after all what would people think a 300+ pound guy running?  Really who are we kidding.  When I started I could hardly run for a minute without slowing way down to a slow walking pace when done.  Crazy to think how not too long ago that was.  Now this morning I completed my fastest paced two mile workout 13:38 pace for two miles I was proud and I can't wait to get out tomorrow morning to see if I can beat that time. 

I also have to report (since I've snuck it in a couple of times) that I have an injury that is going to result in surgery.  I just hope that it doesn't sideline me for more than 2 or 3 days.  I have a TFCC tear in my left wrist that is the result of my ulna bone being too long.  The doctor is going to go in and shorten my ulna and then fix the TFCC.  This is just an arm issue so it shouldn't slow me too much I to anticipate that the added weight from the cast to be an initial hurdle that I am will just have to jump over or...if I can't make the jump run through. 

Today 2.02 miles  27:38 517 calories
Total 52.79 miles 12:54:36

No comments:

Post a Comment