Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Saturday Success and the 3 Minute Zone

This past weekend I ventured back home to visit the family in central Wisconsin.  I was able to get up on Saturday morning and complete my furthest run yet which was a great success.  Overall I went 4.21 miles in 55:33.  I was proud of the distance and a little disappointed in the time.  I realized that when you are running on a gravel road in the country at times the footing isn't all that desired, it is much harder to climb hills, but afterwords it is less painful.  Since we were back home with my wife and her mom I also went on a couple of 2-3 mile walks one later in the day on Saturday and one on Sunday before coming back to Sheboygan.  I failed to get up and go out on Sunday morning and as I sit here on Wednesday I really regret it, I'm not going to sit here and list the excuses as they really aren't all that good I just should have went out. 

Monday was a walking day 1.74 miles in 25:15.
Tuesday I was really stiff and sore so I didn't go out.

Today (Wednesday) is supposed to be an off day, but I went out, after all I did slack yesterday.  Even after I didn't get to bed until almost 1 a.m. I got to see a great baseball game then drive home in heavy rain which delayed the bedtime. 

I think I've had a mental block getting past the 2 minute running zone.  Its been tough at times just getting a good two minutes in but I eventually got there.  Today was the first round of three minute running zones.  I did good overall the third zone was a little tough but I made it most of the way through on the third run.  If I had to guess I would say I was 90% in the correct zone during the runs which I think was a great start to the three minute zone.  Not sore yet, but that ususally takes a little bit to set in.  Busy day at work today and back at it in the morning!

Stats: 2.04 Miles 28:11 522 calories
All time 44.77 miles 11:01:22

No comments:

Post a Comment