Thursday, June 16, 2011

Rain Makes it Wet...

This morning was my first run post rain...it was interesting to say the least. 

I started out dodging the puddles, I was unsure if I wanted to have wet feet and I was a little cold to start, but that wore off.  After coming up on an area where the sidewalk was covered for a good 5 feet it was either go around, through, or jump...I went through.  The splash was a little refreshing and I didn't think it was as bad as I thought it would be.  A couple of blocks later I ran past a dog so I needed to splash down again.  Who knew running was so much fun.  I even saw a person I saw a couple of weeks ago on my cool down who stopped me and said I've seen you out quite a few times and I just want to say if you ever need any motivation I'll be around stop me on my run and we can go together. 

However I really didn't want to get up and get going this morning.  I needed a little extra motivation and I've found a great way to keep that going I just sit back and remember some of the people in my life.  I really don't know why I've started running other than I have an issue with my arm, (more later I have an MRI on Tuesday next week with a follow up on the next Monday) and every time I start working out with weights and everything I have a set back and need to stop I guess I figure I can always just go out and run. 

Since I'm not the smallest guy I've always got to hear some of the comments I bet all the rounder people get to hear.  One guy at my old workplace always sticks out.  I'm always up for a little ribbing here and there, but as my superior I think he had pushed it a little far quite often.  So often as a matter of fact that other people asked if it bothered me which was nice.  I can't wait to see the look on his face when I send him a picture of me completing my half marathon, that might take a little work to get to but I'll get there and show him.  I used some of the comments he said to get my shoes on and hit the sidewalks of Sheboygan.

Today 24:31 - 1.70 Miles - 439 Calories

No comments:

Post a Comment