Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 2 and Day 3

Day 2 – I knew I would be sore.  I was in track in high school I would consider it more of a I was in field in high school I didn’t do a lot of running in fact in four years I think I officially ran in only 2 races and they were 4 x 100 relays, I also did high jump but when we were seniors we took one meet and were told we could do any event we wanted to try, it was fun and I can still remember the look on the judges face when I went to report and subsequently as how low can I start the bar, he didn’t look all too impressed.  I was a little sore, but still energized and ready to keep this up after all it was only day 1.  Off day today spent today playing around with the MiCoach website and discovered that they have a “Learn to Run” plan and I decided that I was going to start this plan in the morning.

Day 3 – Day one of the Learn to Run program.  Since I was new to the world of running and as I said before I was a tad intimidated by the fact that other people may see me running or rather just see a 300+ person struggling along I decided it would be best if I walk to the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan and run on the sand.  As an added bonus I thought it would be easier on my body.  So I did a Free Walking program down to the beach (15:02, .88 miles, 135 calories) and start my first official work out there.  I felt pretty good knowing that I would have a warm-up on the beach for 5 minutes followed by (1R and 1W series of intervals with 3 running sessions then I would head back home.  Turns out the zones were harder than I thought for me and I only finished with a 65%.  After you finish the workouts stated time it will keep going until you let it stop so I turned this 15 min workout into another 25:59, 1.65 miles 434 calories and 15:45 pace, not too shabby if you ask me giving me a total of 40:01, 2.53 miles, 569 calories for the day, I was impressed with myself and I really enjoyed the fresh air and the exciting feel of a young day.  I wasn’t really sore after this workout, well maybe a little so the sand may be my friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment