Thursday, June 9, 2011

End of May Stretch...

Break in Action – I was off and running on a new program I was going to work out on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.  So what did I do on Saturday…I had to catch up on yard work because the weather was finally cooperating with me (very, very, very poor excuse on my part so I didn’t work out and I totally forgot on Monday so I was off an extra day.)  This already put me behind the eight ball…

Tuesday May 24th – Today was a wake up very early day…as I mentioned I am a big sports nut and I love the Milwaukee Brewers.  So naturally I was sucked into the Where’s Bernie promo the team did and I spent Tuesday Morning looking for Bernie which wasn’t to be had I was in West Bend and I had thought I would get one…I failed.  I did however get in Day 3 of the Learn to Run program.  I know what you’re thinking what happened too day two, well since this was going to be a more public workout I figured I’d use day 3 which is a blue only workout so it is easier and since the park was crawling with people I didn’t want to run yet.  The result was a score of 90% (18:06 1.18 miles 308 calories and a 15:20 pace).  Turns out I’m getting faster… 

May 26th turned into May 27th but I had another great day and time  32:09 2.14 miles 556 Calories and a pace of 15:02.  I didn’t go all the way to the beach because for some reason I think I am feeling better about just hitting the pavement, I do need new shoes but I’m working on picking those out.  I did tell a couple friends about the running nobody seems to give it a second thought, not to say they don’t think I’ll stick to it, but just were indifferent.  But just only after a couple of days I feel like I’m in this for the long haul…I might actually enjoy this running thing.

I felt great on May 28th for a couple of reasons I think, but I started this run at 6:55 AM which on a Saturday seems crazy, but it was going to be a busy day and I needed to get my workout in.  I did just that I also had a walk with the wife and a friend later on in the day that accounted for around a mile or so based on my best guess from other routes I have measured.  Back to this workout this is Day 4 of the Learn to Run program.  Two minute intervals now which was a step.  I did well in fact I got a workout score of 92% 43:17 2.96 Miles 766 Calories and a pace of 14:39.  Things I noted to myself I could have gone further, the hill by Vollrath Park is steeper and longer than it appears while driving in a car and it slowed me down quite a bit, and I cut a lot of time off of my pacing already which was fantastic.  I also stopped and snapped a picture on my route the shoreline was beautiful this morning with the waves crashing and the birds (I’m a sucker for nature).

No comments:

Post a Comment